16 April 2006

Kenya - day 4 + 5 - Lake Nakuru and Naivasha

Perfect stopping place between Masai Mara and Samburu - long drive but worth a quick peak. The colors on my colour film are fabulous (these photos are from the digital). We also stopped at a Presbyterian women's self-help project -- Nanyuki Spinners and Weavers -- where single women learn how to make sheep's wool into rugs, blankets and other home items. Their products are mostly purchased by tourists (like my mom, my sister and me), as the prices are quite high for local consumers. I remember some sign about the American government being involved in the center's opening (maybe they sponsored the building?).


Zebra on Lake Naivasha - animal sanctuary where Out of Africa was mostly filmed


smelly


A friendly old beast


Lake Nakuru

No comments: