28 August 2005

Les activités de la fin du mois d'août

Today is a beautiful day in Paris. It was warm and sunny - not a cloud visible between buildings or across the rooftops. Kosmo was active all day - meaning that he also enjoyed the weather by chasing flies, moving around generally and watching people from our deuxième étage appartement. I tried a neighborhood pool for the first time and truly enjoyed my swim there. I also have been busy with the highly addictive numbers game Su Doku, which I discovered in the Times about a month ago.

The constitution draft in Iraq was read to parliament early this morning and will be submitted to Iraqi voters for a referendum 15 October 2005.

I saw my last plein air movie of the summer at La Villette avec Graham, Sophie et Jean-Marc - In the Mood for Love de Wong Kar-Wai. Maggie Cheung wears the same cheong sam dress throughout the movie which gives her a giraffe-like neck, yet manages to underscore her elegance and physical restrictions. (Actually the dress is the same cut, but varied with an impressive array of fabrics such as a lime green geometric pattern or daffodils in full bloom).

No comments: