15 August 2005

A short long week-end en France


I went to Cancale for the weekend to see friends and the Route du Rock music festival (12-14 août).


camping with corn

Tex awards
most energetic performance: !!!
best bang-for-your-buck show (2+ hours): the cure
boring: mercury rev
cutest: the wedding present
can't remember but must have been good: yo la tengo
best latest closing act (2:30am): the nationals

I found too much dust in my nose after this weekend. I also am very confused at having lost my 3-day pass - it was last seen in my very tight jeans pocket in the Cancale house on day 2. Missed mostly only Sonic Youth on day 3 - that still sucked.

Libé came out with a story that only 65% of the French will go on summer holidays this year; those that do not leave cannot afford to: http://www.liberation.fr/page.php?Article=316069. Today (Monday) is a national holiday.

No comments: