16 September 2005

Second best music trivia moment ever!

Happened last night. Everyone knows that G. will always know more than me about music. I don't even bother most of the time to remember the names of bands, albums, etc. It's pretty pathetic considering that in my yu-t (sic), I spent days making mixed tapes (started with my first stereo system way back in 1983 or 1984). Bref, G. is way too much competition.

But last night, I was listening to a sample song from the Safety Scissors' latest album on Other Music's new release updates and recognised the guest female vocals on L'Amour D'Cuisine as Françoise from Stereo Total. G. was there to verify this story. I was impressed - he said it was an anomaly.

My best moment of music trivia was about 10 years ago in a trivia bar night. In about 2 split seconds I was able to answer the question: "What 1980s European band had a name in Latin?" C'était assez gênant quand même.

No comments: